Our client provides pay-as-you-go solar energy systems to households with no access to electricity.
They seek to hire a competent Senior Accountant who will be tasked with financial management of the Company’s operations.
S/he will also be tasked with maintenance of the necessary systems and controls to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain the integrity of its financial data and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all invoices for accuracy, appropriate supporting documentation and approval prior to posting in accounting system
- Timely payment of vendors and suppliers
- Track expenses and process variance reports
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions/ledgers
- Maintain vendor files and contact lists
- Prepare, verify and dispatch invoices
- Recording of incoming payments and follow up on delinquent accounts
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data
- Generate and review aging report to ensure compliance
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Timely preparation and filing of Withholding Tax, Withholding Vat and Value Added Tax
- Timely filing of Pay As You Earn, NSSF, NHIF
- Reconcile bank statements
- Generate monthly reports: Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance
- Prepare and track quarterly budgets and justify variances
- Assist with interim and annual audit preparation by ensuring necessary ledger analysis and supporting documents.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA (K) qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of accounting softwares
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- High degree of initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication and teamwork skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant ) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, 19th 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.