Our client is one of the leading tour companies in Kenya and the region.
They seek to hire an experienced rock-star in the role of a Senior Tours & Travel Consultant.
Job Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Reporting to the Branch Manager and Guest Relations Manager, the tour consultant shall be responsible for Planning holidays and coordinating entire travel experiences including itineraries, accommodation, transport, tours and visas.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Preparing holiday packages to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
- Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements.
- Issuing all relevant travel documents.
- Ensuring that the clients enjoy every bit of the safari or other service provided by coordinating with the hotels tour guides and airlines
- Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares
- Providing up to date advice on travel regulations including visa and medical requirements, baggage limits, safety and local customs.
- Ensuring that the clients pay in cleared funds prior to departure or checking in using the IT System
- Making sure suppliers are paid
- Meeting sales mark-up targets as set out by the company
- Diploma or degree in tours and travel
- Relevant experience in the tours & travel industry (2 years)
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and trustworthy
- Must be well groomed and possess excellent office etiquette.
- Job requires strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in selling international holidays is an added advantage
The applicant should be living in Mombasa or is willing and ready to relocate to Mombasa.
This is an urgent opportunity and qualified candidates should send their Updated CVs to: email@example.com on or before 30th June 2018.