Exciting Job Opportunity: Shujaaz Kenya Radio Producer!
Shujaaz Kenya is looking for a RADIO PRODUCER to produce their award-winning youth radio show.
Shujaaz broadcasts weekly on a selection of FM stations including Milele FM and Radio Maisha and aims to be the most dynamic, cutting-edge youth radio show on air, inspiring and motivating millions of Kenyans to take action to unlock their potential and achieve their life goals.
Shujaaz reaches 50% of Kenyan youth with its radio show, monthly comic books, events and social media. Don’t miss this opportunity to join a young, dynamic, creative team who are changing lives and having fun doing it!
The Radio Producer is a key position within the creative team reporting to the Executive Producer. You will work alongside another radio producer and will be responsible for all audio content for Well Told Story broadcasts via radio, the internet and other mobile platforms.
- Generating and researching news ideas for radio to keep the format fresh and current
- Developing content and writing material for scripts and links
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees from across Kenya
- Location and studio recording
- Selecting SFX & music appropriate to the brand & the audience
- Managing logistics, equipment & media contributors
- Managing presenters for recorded output
- Mixing and editing the shows
- Scheduling recordings and ensuring the tight delivery deadlines are met
- Delivering final shows to partner stations on time and in an appropriate format
- Building and maintaining relationships with partner stations across Kenya
- Managing the Shujaaz radio studio and producing & editing content for all WTS audio needs
- Ensuring Shujaaz radio continues to be the hottest show on air!
Key Technical Skills:
- Confidence in using Adobe Audition – experience in editing and mixing
- Ability to carry out field recordings
- Experience in conducting studio recordings
- An aptitude for learning new technology will be beneficial
We’re looking for someone fantastic with:
- Organisational skills
- Written and spoken communication in English and Sheng
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to short deadlines
- Being a great team player who works collaboratively with others
- Ability to build effective relationships with external partners, fans and talent
- Flexibility in working hours: happy to work evenings/weekends/travel if necessary
- Confidence in using social and digital media
- An interest in youth issues & culture
- Diploma or Degree in a media related field.
- A minimum of one years’ experience working with sound/audio.
Then email us at email@example.com titled RADIO PRODUCER with the following information:-
- A short paragraph written in sheng – telling us why you are passionate about radio,
- A covering letter explaining why you want the job,
- Your current CV,
- Portfolio showcasing your best audio/sound work.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 13th June 2018.