Job Title: SQL Programmer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Download, prepare, and run scripts to load data into spatial databases on regular intervals
- Review specifications and data changes; adjust scripts and processes where necessary
- Write, maintain, and test Python and SQL scripts for data processing and loading
- Evaluate new data sources for quality and attribution to support product requirements
- Responsible for analysis, design, and implementation of application and custom integration solutions including new functionality, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
- Develop and support custom applications.
- Coding fixes and new development.
- Work with state-of-the-art programming languages and object-oriented approaches in design, coding, and testing of software.
- Intermediate to advanced experience developing Python scripts or tools
- Experience writing scripts to perform advanced queries, joins, use cursors, and performing spatial operations in MS SQL
- Experience creating stored procedures for optimizing common tasks and operations
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with large normalized databases
- Experience transforming data from flat to normalized databases
- Ability to read data product specifications and translate into database models and tables
- High level of technical knowledge.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to respond to company needs quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Well organized and self-driven.
- Experience working with SQL Server or other relational database system required
- Create SQL views, SQL Scripts and Functions
- Create, using and running queries with VBA codes
- Experience in analysis, technical definitions, and introduction of software programs, specifically ERP systems
- Experience and understand of .NET development preferred
- Experience with Objective-C and ActionScript is a plus
- Understanding of principles of Object Oriented programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 3 years of previous programming experience is preferred
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 20th June 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted