Job Vacancy: Study Nurse
Job Summary: S/he will triage, counsel, clients attending their study visits and refer them to the clinical officers or the Study Clinician.
Immediate Supervisor: Study Clinician
- Professional qualification
- Registration with the Nursing council of Kenya
- Team player, Outgoing, innovative and Flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Kenya National Family planning guidelines is mandatory.
- Previous knowledge and experience with family planning tools and Job aids will be an added advantage.
Immediate Supervisor: Lead Clinician
Supervisory Role: Clinic assistant
Peers: Nurse Counsellors, Clinical officer, Pharmaceutical technologist
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Will work with the clinical officers and the Pharmacist to provide Sexual and reproductive health services to couples enrolled
- Will work with the field officers in recruitment of clinicians through answering queries in the social media platforms.
- Will Screen all clients for enrolment to the CCTN study. They will guide the patients through the informed consent procedure.
- Will give health talks concerning study procedures to patient in the waiting room before seen by clinical officers
- They will triage patients to be enrolled in the clinic.
- Will counsel patients on procedures to be followed during physical examination, genital examination and help draw lab samples for all clients enrolled in the clinic.
- He or She will refer clients enrolled to the clinical officer for specialized care if needed.
- HIV/STI risk reduction testing and counselling through CHTC.
- Liaising with the clinic assistant and administrator to ensure all the specimens collected are recorded to the clinic log before delivery to laboratory.
- Providing the laboratory results to the clients on follow up.
- Perform daily Quality improvement procedures samples and CRFs for all clients seen in the clinic on a daily basis.
- Train and remain on all Study Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Specific Procedures SSPs
- Participate in weekly clinic Quality improvement meetings.
- Other duties advised by the study clinician.
Additional trainings required
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Human Subject Protection
- Continuous FP/ study SOP / SSP guidelines and trainings
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- MUST send all the relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, CLICK HERE to complete an online application form and send your CV to email@example.com by 22nd June 2018