Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd
Job Vacancy: Systems Administrator – Network and Database
Job Ref. No. SADM/HR/06/2018
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK.
The Shared business unit is seeking to fill the above listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the I.T field.
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Head of ICT, the System Administrator – Network and Database will be responsible for delivering cost effective systems’ solutions and within the set budget while meeting agreed SLAs and the Company’s business requirements.
In addition, he/she will be tasked with maintaining high availability of ICT systems, with focus on efficient problem resolution.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and/or deploy LAN/WAN including software design and system implementation in liaison with the Head of ICT
- Enhance and maintain LAN/WAN with evolving ICT architecture.
- Administer and ensure optimal performance of the enterprise telephony system
- Manage outsourced ICT service providers and vendors and ensure that service delivery is done according to the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Plan and implement network security, including managing firewall, Windows/Linux, AD Servers and Data Centre Operations
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Maintain Integrity and security of the Company’s network and ensure that data is replicated between the Company’s server and the Disaster Recovery site as well as testing for consistency at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies & implement new technology that supports business requirements.
- Provider leadership to the IT Support Team
- Perform Database and Applications tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required
- Monitor Systems, Networks and Database Access and performance and recommend upgrades
- Recommend policies to secure and protect the infrastructure, investigating and mitigating any breaches.
- Implement and maintain Security policies, standards and procedures
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all company devices and Infrastructure
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Maths &Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience as a Systems Administrator
- Must be conversant with Windows 2008/2012 and Linux Servers
- Experience in Hypervisor Technologies – VMWare ESX-i, Hyper-V, Acropolis
Required skills and Competencies
- Proven experience in ICT project management
- Excellent Analytical& Problem solving skills with high attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Excellent Communication skills(both verbal and written)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, therefore canvassing will automatically be disqualified