Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd
Job Vacancy: Systems Developer / Data Analyst
Job Ref. No. SD/HR/06/2018
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK. The Shared business unit is seeking to fill the above listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the I.T field.
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Head of ICT, the Data Analyst will develop solutions that support the viability and delivery of business decisions, process improvement and client centricity through data analytics.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze business data to identify key areas within the business where processes can be improved for internal efficiency and to generate value for the client and the organization, either independently or in close consultation with key business representatives.
- Develop data models that facilitate continual examination of the business processes and environment
- Analyze and Interpret complex business data required from multiple sources
- Conceptualize, design and build reports for internal and external distribution
- Validate report and analyze data against internal and external standards
- Ensure quality assurance for all data and report requirements
- Offer 1st line Technical Support for all business systems and database systems
- Liaise with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalations
- Maintain a log of issues collated to clearly enable optimal software vendor support as per SLAs.
- Serve as the local technical lead for all business systems’ roll out like deployments, upgrades, administration and maintenance
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to initiate projects designed to address business requirements through automation
- Maintain system security and integrity in line with MMI standards and governance
- Adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements
- In Liaison with the Systems Administrator, maintain Integrity and security of the Company’s network and ensure that data is replicated between the Company’s server and the Disaster Recovery site as well as testing for consistency at all times.
- Conduct regular information-sharing sessions with key business representatives as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Professional Certifications OCA, OCP, OCM, RedHat, MCSE
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Systems Developer / Data Analyst.
- Experience in Windows, Linux, Citrix Applications
- Experience in a Data analysis/Business Intelligence Environment will be an added advantage
Required skills and Competencies
- Excellent Analytical ability skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to work independently
- Superior report Writing and Presentation Skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, therefore canvassing will automatically be disqualified