Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Job title: Logistics & Administrative Officer
Reports to: Support Services
Number of subordinates: 4
Position Grade: E
Starting date: 1st July 2018
Length: 3 Months
Context: Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements WASH, Child Protection, health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General description of the position: With the support and under the supervision of the Support Services Coordinator, responsible for finance, logistics, administration and human resources for Tdh intervention in Garissa in collaboration with the Project Manager.
Specific Job Descriptions:
Responsibility: Accountancy and Financial Management
Aim: To ensure proper financial management of Garissa project
- Daily update of the accountancy according to the project activities needs.
- Manage the cash box of the office, under the supervision of the Support Services Coordinator. The Support Services Coordinator have the right to verify randomly the cashbox balance.
- Double check of records, according to Tdh and donors’ procedures.
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and are eligible for Tdh accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID).
- Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper according to Tdh procedures.
- Fill properly the monthly reconciliation form for each cash and bank, to be signed for approval by the Support Services Coordinator.
- Collaborate in the preparation of documents for financial/annual audits.
Responsibility: Human Resources Management
Aim: To ensure all HR procedures are respected
- Support the Support Services Coordinator in the contractual placement of the human resources and keep the records of Garissa County based and Inpatriate staff updated, under direction of the Support Services Coordinator or Senior Finance Officer based in Nairobi.
- Keep track of paid leave/holiday and R&R (if applicable) for the staff based in the field.
- Prepare and make payment of unskilled workers.
- Work as liaison between staff and Support Services Coordinator in order to smooth any problem and maintain a high standard of HR management.
- Keep him/herself updated about the local Employment Act and local taxes and contributions
Responsibility: Logistics Management
Aim: To ensure proper logistics support to Garissa project
- Responsible for the correct implementation of Tdh procurement and supply chain procedures in compliance with donor requirements.
- In coordination with the Programme staff, ensure forecasting of purchases and material delivery (for office and project sites’ needs).
- Lead and support in monthly logistics budget forecast planning and monitoring of expenses.
- Coordinate with the Programme staff for monthly follow-up of purchase requests.
- Responsible for coordination of transport of all supplies and equipment to and from site in Garissa County.
- Responsible for contracts management and follow-up (calls to tender, vehicles, service contracts or miscellaneous rental).
- Responsible for vehicle fleet maintenance. Ensure good state/performance of all vehicles.
- Coordinate with Programme teams on fleet requirements and ensure an appropriate provision of vehicles.
- Responsible with the field teams for the correct implementation of Tdh stock and physical asset management procedures in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of transparent stock management systems including documented monthly inventory controls and spot checks.
- Responsible for maintenance (water, electricity, generator, painting, etc.) for all Tdh premises in Garissa County.
- Responsible for the equipment maintenance (computers, printers, photocopiers, fridges, generators, etc.).
- Provide support to programme activities through provision of needed supplies and equipment, performance of maintenance in the projects’ facilities, and other logistics needs arising during implementation.
- Support the Logistics Department in filling the yearly office assets inventory.
- Pay suppliers under Project Managers or Support Services Coordinator’s request and double check the acceptability of the expenditure.
Responsibility: Reporting and communicatin
Aim: To ensure proper communication between Garissa and Nairobi and between Garissa teams
- Provide weekly admin, HR & finance report to the Support Services Coordinator.
- Ensure and facilitate the communication and information sharing within the team and the department, and contribute to the team responsibilities.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Competencies: University Degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Thorough understanding of UNICEF Procurement and Logistics policies, rules and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of SAGA is an added advantage
- Professional experience in a busy logistics, administrative and finance office/environment (Emergency response);
- Previous experience with UN , International Agencies, or NGO’s an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned;
- Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
Languages: Fluent in English, Swahili and Somali
Other: Knowledge of Garissa context
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application should be emailed email@example.com.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Closing date for the application of this position is 25th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.