Job Vacancies: Technical Specialists – Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience -STARR, East Africa
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Technical Specialists in multiple disciplines for positions in a USAID funded program in East Africa.
Positions to be based in East Africa.
The purpose of Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR) is to promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can only be solved on a regional basis. STARR comprises of four main objectives:
(i) Strengthening cross-border agricultural trade and value chains;
(ii) improved regional agricultural inputs;
(iii) strengthening resilience;
(iv) strengthening the regional policy environment.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the Technical Component Lead will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation.
- Minimum of a graduate degree in agriculture, economics, public policy, business administration, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in field of study closely related to agricultural/value chain development (crop and/or livestock), market systems strengthening, access to finance, food security, nutrition, livelihoods and resilience, climate change adaptation, risk management and response, natural resource and/or land use management, water security, conservation, gender or youth-focused initiatives, regional agricultural trade and related policies, and/or community development; with at least 3 of those years abroad;
- Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
- Outstanding intercultural communications skills;
- Knowledge of USAID or other international donor rules and regulations;
- Prior experience working on donor funded projects in Africa; direct experience in Kenya or another East African country is preferred;
- Fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2J5nQ8Y
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.