Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Group Finance
Employment Status: Full time
Position Reporting to: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Manages Others: Yes
Job Purpose / Summary: The Wananchi Group (WGK) is Africa’s pioneering provider of Triple Play (broadband, multi-channel television and voice telephony) and direct-to-home (DTH) satellite PayTV.
The position will be responsible for the preparation and dissemination of management accounts, weekly and monthly reports of the group to the board of directors.
The position reports to the Group CFO, but will work closely with other managers within the Group.
Financial Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Preparing annual budgets, reviewing performance against budget and querying any material variance.
- Examine the budget estimates or proposals for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives
- Periodically monitor the budget by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified
- Examine past and current budgets and research economical and financial developments that affects the organization’s spending
- Coordinate the budgeting process within the various functions
- Responsible for communicating with management about budget issues concerning their functions
- Ensure active budgeting process and application throughout the company
Business Analysis & Modelling
- Develop a costing model for the group
- Undertake business modeling projects as requested
- Plan and organize own and team work projects to meet defined objectives and deliverables set by the Directors
- Evaluating adhoc projects
Controls and Financial Reporting
- Manage end month closure and reporting of KPI’s
- Prepare monthly Management pack
- Respond to audit query both internal and external auditors
- Prepare balance sheet schedules
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completion of budget process and seek approval before the year end
- Monthly closure by WD2
- Completion of Management pack by WD5
- Balance Sheet Review and filling by WD10
- Clean and reconciled balance sheet
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum Bachelors degree in accounting or finance. CFA or CPA qualification preferred
- Above average level of computer literacy and skills;
- At least 5yrs post graduation working experience long-range financial plans, return on investment calculations;
- Experience in preparing Power Point presentations is essential;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis and validation
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th July 2018.
The subject line Business Analyst.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.