Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Employment Status: Full time
Position Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Job Purpose / Summary: A dedicated and creative in-house designer to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, websites, films, packaging and other mediums for the Zuku Brand- Cable and DTH
- Develop and implement all creative advertising ideas, programs, campaign, publicity materials and merchandising promotional schemes, copy scripts, layouts and finished artwork, for both Cable and DTH campaigns- all countries for DTH and Cable- Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia.
- Concept development to creative approval to supply artwork to production house to quality check for printed material and confirmation of delivery to the warehouse/ media house.
- Development and presentation of creative concepts as per the agreed brief. This would include concepts for corporate brand communications, products and services promotions, and existing or new Brand promotions.
- The communication materials shall be as per brief and may include TV and Radio, commercials, Press, Print, Point of Sales material, and other materials including the Design and Production of the Annual Report, Calendars, Brochures, Banners, Greeting Cards, Leaflets and Outdoor billboards.
- Manage and keep up to date the in–house image library
- Maintain in-house CI/branding and collateral
- Work with marketing team to supply marketing material, both printed and online
- Print procurement – source providers and maintain up-to-date knowledge of prices, materials, processes and deadlines/delivery, as required
- Manage of art work from third party studios – e.g. Getty images
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of graphic design software and tools, including:
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design
- Skills- must be able to think conceptually and execute the ideas- both as copy writer/art writer
- Animations and graphic design
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Ability to work with programming scripts, including XML and HTML
- Understanding of the printing process and specifications
- Familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media
- Creative thinking skills
- Undertake photography and photo retouching.
- Take part in web design.
- Manage approvals for licensed artworks.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills;
- Project management skills;
- Time management skills;
- Analytical & problem solving skills;
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to read, understand and communicate semi technical documentation; and
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 22nd June 2018.
The subject line Graphic Designer.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.