Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Gateway Park
Employment Status: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Purpose / Summary: Maintenance technicians will be responsible for tasks related with plant network maintenance on both HFC and GPON networks, including preventive plant maintenance with necessary record keeping and location/repair of equipment/plant failures. There will be some limited service work with customer maintenance calls.
- Operates equipment such as hydraulic aerial lifts (buckets) and ladders
- Perform construction and maintenance works such as digging holes, placing poles, placing cable. Unreel, pull and string wire strand and cable from pole to pole, pole to buildings including associated equipment and hardware
- Repair or restore service during any outage while observing and respecting the SLAs, advising NOC on the causes of the outage and estimated times to repair including the possible solution.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the network, including among others Coax and Optical Fiber cables installation, removal, lashing, HFC passive equipment installation/removal and repair, HFC active equipment installation, removal and repair
- Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which will have to be loaded and unloaded from company vehicle, moved or rearranged
- Perform preventive maintenance on forward and return path of Coax cable television distribution network, signal measuring on Coax and Optical Fiber networks, network patrol, network and equipment audit
- Track and repair signal interferences our signal leakages on the network in coordination with NOC teams
- Prepare and splice both coax and fiber optic cable
- Maintain cable system power supplies, including battery banks measurements and replacement
- Address maintenance tasks escalated from subscriber technical teams, including assessing and resolving signal level issues
- Produce and maintain all records related with assigned tasks
- Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
- Report any issues, problems or recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisor in order to maintain the integrity and performance of the service
Key Performance Indicators:
- Compliance on Time to Repair SLA’s as defined by the company policies
- Driver’s license
- Considerable knowledge and skill in regards to HFC and GPON networks, related tools and materials and safety standards required in the installation and maintenance and repair of the HFC and GPON cable network and all services delivered by the system.
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to work with various hand and power tools.
- Be in good physical condition and possess sufficient strength and agility required to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Reasonable knowledge of the necessary safety precautions to be taken in working from heights and elevated platforms.
- Three years of HFC and/or GPON cable networks, including network construction and maintenance preferred
- Strong understanding of electronic theory related to HFC and telecommunications industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 2nd July 2018.
The subject line Maintenance Technician.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.