Job Vacancy: Editorial Assistant Internship – World Vision East Africa Regional Office
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
The East Africa Regional Office, operating in nine countries of East Africa namely; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda is looking for a Communications interns to work in its Nairobi office.
We’re looking for an Editorial Assistant intern to help our team that’s supporting national offices and various projects across East Africa.
We’re looking for an intern to:
- Serve as a regular contributor to World Vision EARO’s print and electronic publications, such as the newsletters, blogs and websites.
- Assist the editorial team in the production of quarterly updates. Specific duties include: conducting research in support of articles, sidebars and special projects; writing copy, captions, credits; and finding photos and graphics.
- Assist the editorial team in updating existing website content.
- Assist the editorial team in raising the profile of WVEARO multimedia content through online and social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube; tracking readership metrics; and promoting content to outside sources
- Participate in brainstorms with the entire Communication Team on the development of campaigns, initiatives and other storytelling projects.
- Basic experience of professional-level writing or editing experience is required.
- Applicants should have excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills, and be an independent, motivated worker.
- A working knowledge of online research, data collection, fact checking and image searches and MS Office programs is required.
- Critical thinker, highly competent at understanding, distilling, and effectively communicating complex issues to a lay audience.
- Excellent command of vocabulary, spelling, grammar and writing skills, including demonstrated experience writing effective print and online collateral
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple assignments to meet publication deadlines with minimal supervisory oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
Assets: Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Languages: Excellent oral and written English.
Period of internship: Last week of July 2018 – January 2019 (6 months)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
A small stipend will be offered for the position.
Kindly send applications to email@example.com indicating the job title ‘Editorial Assistant’ as the email subject by close of business on 22 June 2018