Kenya Institute for the Blind (K.I.B) was registered as a National Braille Resource Centre for the Blind Persons by the Ministry of Education Science and Technology in February 2004.
As an Institute within the Ministry of Education (M.o.E) K.I.B strives to assist the Government of Kenya (G.o.K) to fulfill the National Objectives such as “Education for All” (E.F.A) by 2015, Vision 2030, among others, in all activities. K.I.B is strategically managed through the performance contracting system under the Ministry of Education (M.o.E), which follows a structured monitoring and evaluation procedures.
Job Group ‘J’
General Purpose: We are looking for a qualified Accountant responsible for the general accounting function in accounts department.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries and complete general ledger operations
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and draw up monthly financial reports
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested and assist with year-end closings
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare tax computations and returns
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Assist with payroll administration
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Account / bank reconciliations
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA Part two or Certified Public Accountant
- knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- knowledge of finance principles
- knowledge of financial reporting
- Knowledge of local, state and Kenyan laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation technical accounting skills
- At least three years previous experience of general accounting
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
All applicants should attach copies of clearance from HELB, EACC, CRB and certificate of good conduct from CID.
Application in a sealed envelope together with the detailed CV. copies of Academic and professional certificates, National ID or passport and testimonials clearly marked application for the above position to be addressed to the principal (address as shown below) to reach on or before 10th August,2018.
Kenya Institute for the Blind,
P.O. Box 31082 – 00600, Nairobi.
For more Information, please visit our website; www.keib.or.ke