Our client is in the hospitality business with 4 hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Kisumu office:
Job Re-Advertisement: Accountant
Salary: 40K – 50K
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate books of account and ensuring that all financial transactions comply with set company policies and procedures, international and local financial standards, and internal controls.
- Ensuring timely input of data required for preparation of monthly financial statements
Coding and posting journal voucher entries into general ledger
- Posting and passing the unit revenues in the system and preparing the Balance Sheet and TL accounts monthly by the designated date
- Managing inventory and related records
- Working with the head office to handle purchases for the unit
- Managing, updating and reconciling the provisions account
- Preparing VAT to ensure tax compliance
- Reconciling of the banks accounts periodically and creditor/debtors accounts to ensure their correctness and give recommendations on how to resolve any differences
- Checking all cash payments to ensure accuracy and that all amounts are accounted for
- Reviewing petty cash reports
- Monitoring and reinforcing internal controls and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA K
- 3-5 Years’ experience preferably in a hotel setup, with proven track record of success as a hotel accountant
- Knowledge of Sun System
- Knowledge in the use of Materials Control is key
- Must be willing and ready to work in the Kisumu office
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18th July 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “ACCOUNTANT”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.