The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The hospital seeks to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:-
Section Head – Histology
- Perform tests according to standard laboratory procedure and guidelines.
- Monitor turnaround time of results and manage referral specimens to other hospitals
- Responsible in all sections with the assistance of assigned Laboratory Technologist I
- Conduct competence evaluation test for Laboratory Technologist I
- Ensure maximum and cost-effective utilization of reagents and appropriate stocking of reagents and consumables through CARE 2000
- Participate in continuous medical education programmes of the department and regularly update the technologists with new and existing techniques
- Supervise the daily performance of laboratory technologists assigned to the section.
- Ensure compliances of all the daily quality assurance requirements in the sections
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Higher Diploma in Histology will be an added advantage
- Registered and licensed by KMLTTB
- Minimum of Four (4) years working experience; Two (2) of which should be in the Histology section
- High degree of administrative capability and good leadership skills
- Ability to write and review SOPs
- In depth knowledge regarding hospital wide quality initiatives ISO 15189 and JCIA will be an added advantage.
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting application is on 27th July, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”