Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA.
The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
The Biomedical Technologist under moderate supervision, will repair, calibrate, and maintain Medical Equipment, instrumentation, and support systems of moderate complexity used within the AKUH healthcare delivery to support AKUH patient diagnosing and treatment
- Implement appropriate repairs, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect critical care medical equipment and instrumentation, including life support devices.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Services (PPM) and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems, diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Promptly and properly respond to medical equipment Break-Down Maintenance (BDM) work requests/service calls, complete PPM requests in a timely manner.
- Applicants must have a Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Program with at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge on anatomy, electro mechanical, medical equipment functioning and primarily critical care equipment maintenance.
- Previous Factory training on ventilators, anesthesia machine, multiparameter monitor, endoscopes, Heartlung machine, baloon pump, plasma sterilizers
and Laparoscopy towers is highly advantages and desirable.
How to Apply
Please send your curriculum vitae; copies of academic qualifications; and copies of professional certificates to
the Manager, Recruitment,
Aga Khan University Hospital
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than 5th August, 2018.