Arid Lands Information Network (ALIN)
ALIN has received a grant from the Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) funded by USAID and UKaid to implement a 5 month’s project on Enhancing Access to Information held by Meru County Government.
To support this initiative, ALIN seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Job Title: Digital Content Editor
Duty Station: Meru County
Reporting to the Policy Engagement Officer, the Digital Content Editor will create and implement approved communications strategies and policies ensuring effective communication with Meru County residents.
The officer will undertake a range of tasks including media relations, media analysis, maintaining an online presence and the development, production and promotion of public communications content.
- To design, develop, implement and evaluate the overall communication and public relations strategy for the Enhancing Access to Information held by Meru County Government Project
- Collect, curate, package and disseminate Public Expenditure Management (PEM) information through SMS, toll-free telephone line and social media
- Manage, update and maintain Citizen Service Centre blog and social media sites
- Support the production and dissemination of project publications, fact sheets, booklets, leaflets among others
- Ensure effective and efficient documentation of project activities and achievements including videography and photography and communication of the same with relevant audience
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field
- At least two years’ experience in communication, media or public relations
- Proven experience of training and capacity building in journalism, media engagement, photography, videography, media or communications
- Demonstrated and extensive social media and digital communications skills experience is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested persons are requested to send applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, details of current remuneration, telephone, e-mail/ fax to the undersigned not later than 16th July 2018.
The Team Leader,
P.O. Box 10098- 00100
ALIN is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.