Arid Lands Information Network (ALIN)
ALIN has received a grant from the Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) funded by USAID and UKaid to implement a 5 month’s project on Enhancing Access to Information held by Meru County Government.
To support this initiative, ALIN seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Meru County
Reporting to the Policy Engagement Officer, the M&E Officer will produce M&E system that defines standards, track, approaches, methods, tools and application plan to allow systematic participatory monitoring and evaluation of project achievements, results, changes and impact.
The officer will design, coordinate and implement monitoring and evaluation, research and learning framework of ALIN project in Meru County.
- Design, coordinate and implement M&E research, and learning framework of the project
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and project evaluation procedures
- Devise ways to ensure that project outcomes are achieved in a cost effective and timely manner
- Build up in-house capacity within ALIN on successful project planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor and evaluate progress in achieving project outputs and outcomes including monitoring progress in meeting indicators
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Management, Development Economics, statistics, social science, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
- At least two years’ of professional experience in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Familiar with database concepts and good skills in Excel and SPSS
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
How to Apply
Interested persons are requested to send applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, details of current remuneration, telephone, e-mail/ fax to the undersigned not later than 16th July 2018.
The Team Leader,
P.O. Box 10098- 00100
ALIN is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.