Vacancies: Field Interviewers for a Research Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) invites applications for field interviewers for the External Evaluation of the In Their Hands (ITH) Programme in Kenya.
ITH is a Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights intervention programme that aims to increase adolescents’ use of high-quality sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services through targeted interventions. ITH is being implemented eighteen counties in Kenya and is expected to cover approximately 250,000 adolescent girls aged 15-19 in Kenya by April 2020.
Using a mixed-methods approach, the evaluation study to be conducted in Homa Bay and Narok Counties will systematically assess the delivery, effectiveness and impact of the programme and report the findings and lessons learnt throughout the process.
- Should have completed at least secondary education with a minimum of grade C+ (Plus) in KCSE or its equivalent.
- Be proficient in basic computer applications or experience in electronic data capture.
- Be fluent in English, Kiswahili and any other local language spoken in any of the two project counties.
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills.
- Have proven experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Proven past experience working with research projects on adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Be a current resident of or originating from either Homa Bay or Narok Counties where the study is being implemented.
- Experience in working with adolescents, especially on Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) will be an added advantage.
- Must be fully available for training and during the entire data quality assessment period (August/September, 2018).
Job Description (responsibilities):
- Identifying study participants as defined in the study
- Consenting study participants
- Conducting face-to-face interviews with participants sampled for the study
- Reviewing all completed interviews for the day to ensure completeness and internal consistency
- Compiling and submitting daily work progress report to the immediate supervisor
- Reviewing and correcting any inconsistent data detected from the database
- Electronically transmitting all complete and approved quality assessment interviews
- Ensuring safety of survey tools and equipment
- Ensuring that all study participants in the sample assigned to are properly accounted for by end of the data collection period
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV with contacts of three referees.
Indicate on the cover letter both your county of origin and county in which you currently live.
Applications should reach us by close of business on 25 July 2018.
All applications should be submitted via e-mail as ATTACHMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate ‘FIELD INTERVIEWERS ITH PROJECT’ on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of children.