Our client a fast-growing and established IT, Cloud backup and storage provider is looking for a Channel Account Manager.
Years of experience: minimum 3 years in Sales
Salary Range: USD 700 – 850 with once off MGP commission of 30%, and MRR at 1%
Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this role is to generate new business opportunities for Backup Pro services thorough developing and maintaining business relationships with key channel partners, you are to ensure that the company has a well-established and scalable route to market.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Projection and execution of sales revenue, channel sales profitability and new customer acquisition goals
- Develop channel sales plans and strategies for building/maintaining an accurate sales pipeline and moving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Effective and accurate sales forecasts for each of the channel partners
- Work closely with marketing to develop and execute lead generation initiates
- Work closely with the sales team, leading the day-today channel sales activities. You will be expected to supervise the internal sales team – encouraging them to drive additional sales into existing partners, whilst finding new reseller clients.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to marketing
- Identify and develop up-sell/cross-sell opportunities of other services into existing/new accounts within the channel
- Maintain an active, intimate relationship with the Channel at all levels and gain a full understanding of their business, including back-office processes, sales and marketing plans and internal support mechanisms
- Ensure that company is represented at all levels to new customers and that our objectives, brand, product set and value proposition business is accurately represented in the market
- Record data about existing and potential clients within the data capture systems accurately – Specifically CRM
- Make call backs and follow up calls to prospects and clients to ensure a high opportunity conversion rate (make use of the channel sales assistants)
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role
- A self-starter – able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination.
- Experience in creating and building a reseller channel.
- Proven sales experience, hunting and closing business with new customers.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and presentation skills.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers.
- Good organizational and time management skills – able to develop and work to processes.
- Able to network effectively with peers and customer accounts at all levels including senior management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to business and personal integrity.
How to Apply