Extra Inch Technologies Limited, is a market leading provider of banking software systems to Microfinance, Sacco’s, Banks and other lending /retail financial institutions.
Extra Inch Ltd has partnered with financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace.
For the past 5 years, Extra Inch Ltd has been innovating and leveraging technology in the areas of business for banking, Microfinance, SACCOs, Associations, Groups, retailers, distributors, agents, airlines, insurances, among other sectors.
Our bouquet of services includes, but is not limited to:
- Microfinance solutions, Core banking systems, Internet banking, Agency banking, Switching solutions
- SACCO solutions
- Payment Gateway and Electronic Channel Solutions
- Mobile money solutions, Mobile Lending and Agency Banking Solutions
- Alternate Banking Channel ‘ABC’ Solutions
Job Vacancy: Business Development Executive
Job Type: Contract / Performance Based
Job Field: Sales / Marketing
Job Purpose: The Business Development Executive ‘BDE’ is primarily responsible for formulating sales strategies, implementation of sales strategies, is a team member of monitoring strategic achievements of sales targets together with the management.
The BDE’ is responsible for driving the sales cycle from initial contact to signing of the deal, and then maintaining a good client relationship, as well as take part in market analysis and relationship building with senior management and key opinion leaders in the banking and financial services sectors.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Recognized internally as specialist on business matters. Works independently and in collaborative nature. Has completely mastered technical and business skills required to accomplish the job in the Domain area mentioned.
- Provides guidance, coaching and advice to less experienced sales people. Individual with a customer focus who has developed the acumen to cultivate and build lasting customer relations.
- Achieve sales targets and execute sales strategies.
- Start and manage the whole sales cycle and be the focal point in all relations with a perspective client (information flow and coordination, commitments, etc.).
- Develop sales leads and prospects with current and potential clients and follow up on referrals.
- Provide advice and support Pre-Sales when preparing material to address potential client’s business needs and constraints.
- Make contacts with potential and current clients and introduce proposals for a demonstration and an info session of Extra Inch products and services.
- Together with the management Negotiate terms and conditions of all sales and service agreements, both with new and existing clients
- Provide leadership in client relations and sales of consultancy services.
- Engage in market research and build perspective client profiles with respect to their current systems, potential future software investments and strategies, and key decision makers.
- Perform competition analysis with respect to strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats.
- Build long-term relationships and referrals with senior managers, officers, and key opinion leaders in the banking and financial services sectors and establish and continue relationships with primary alliance partners and identify new market and growth opportunities to build a strong sales pipeline.
- Perform such other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability, as may from time to time be required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Sales skills: Proven track record of sales and achievement of sales targets (within the Eastern, Western and Central Africa in the banking and financial services sectors (SACCOS/BANKS/MFI) and substantial relevant experience within the same domain (4 years or more). Able to deal with people at all levels within an organization and show and demonstrate negotiating skills with key decision makers.
- Ability to travel to rural / remote areas within the domain areas.
- Must have achieved sales target Above 1 Million Dollars in the last 3 Years
- Demonstrate good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to establish interest, trust and credibility.
- Technical skills: Good understanding of banking operations and relevant processes (front, middle, back office), thorough understanding of IT processes and implementations from both functional and technical perspectives.
- Educational & Proficiency level: Preferably a university education in relevant business disciplines, preferably with a post-graduate degree.
- Languages: Excellent command of English and the local language, both spoken and written.
- Other: Self motivated, ambitious, independent, organised, focused and be able to multi-task.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete their applications, CVs with copies of certificates and color passport size photograph and email them to jobs @ extrainch.co.ke by 15th August 2018.