Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Purpose: The BDM works to improve our market position and achieve financial growth. The Manager defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Manager will take up the sales roles in the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the company.
The Manager will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. He/She will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict clients’ future needs.
Provides marketing strategies that will deliver tangible results in form of new business and increased revenue per existing client relationship. Understand and articulate our value proposition to the clients and potential clients. Builds relationships with multiple contacts with each customer.
Responsible for assuring client satisfaction with our products/solutions and services, resolving and escalating client issues/complaints as needed.
Member of the Leadership of our Management team, keep abreast of market trends, promote transfer of best-demonstrated practices among our employees and customers.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Client Retention & Relationship
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Regularly visit clients and provide call reports with propositions that will enhance the relationship.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate and guides management in strategic decisions.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed in the company’s sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with other staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the market and opportunities for the company.
- Conduct customer satisfaction survey and advice management accordingly
- Manage social media marketing
- Brand management
Compliance and Risk Management
- Identify and document Risks and loss exposures for us and the clients especially with focus on revenues for us.
- Identify and monitor and coach/report staff with risky behaviors and reputational issues
- Be accountable to follow procedures, attend risk control meetings, and, when appropriate, provide any recommended training.
- You may also be assigned such other duties as may become necessary at the discretion of the management.
- A seasoned marketing professional with a minimum of 10 years solid experience as Head of Marketing/Business Development
- Aggregate working experience no less than 15 years that includes: Revenue planning, client relationship management, marketing research and business intelligence, competitor analysis, product and brand development, pricing and marketing communications
- Experience in digital marketing will be desirable
- Bcom Marketing and any Business related degree
- Proven working experience in Sales and marketing
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and organizational skills
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 9th July 2018, clearly indicating the job title