Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit a Communications Manager.
- Responsible for the positioning, promotion and protection of the brand and reputation of the organization in the relevant market
- Responsible for consumer communications, internal and external communications in the market
- Develops, executes and manages the communications function to achieve organizational, business and brand goals.
- Provides strategic counsel and guidance to VP Marketing, Country Manager and Chief Operating Officer to ensure all corporate communication engagements are in-line with the organizations communications strategy, objectives, policies and guidelines.
- Work in close coordination and alignment with communications partners at the Corporate Communications and Holding’s Corporate Communications
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy Development and Planning:
- Develop brand communication strategy and plans for local country operations– while ensuring the alignment from key leaders and internal clients. Oversees execution of the plans, evaluates their success and report results.
- Ensure adherence of the Retail communication plans with the communications strategy, plan, guidelines, policies and processes of the organizations.
- Ensure communications plans are mapped against business and brand objectives and needs and cater to all relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for developing and maintaining communications content and collateral e.g. narrative, messages, profiles, fact sheets etc.
- Conduct the organizations consumer communications across all channels through a multi-platform integrated model
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top tier local and regional media and influencers
- Ensure all external engagements are channeled through the function and aligned with policies.
- Manage spokespeople’s media and public speaking engagements to articulate the brand and company’s market and thought leadership and position favorably
- Working with market leadership to implement reputation positioning engagement through executive communications
- Generates and disseminates content in written and multimedia formats accordingly to company policies and standards
- Responsible for generating compelling story-telling content to promote the brand and business among stakeholders
- Speedy and effective handling of issue and crisis situations in alignment with Retail and Holding Corporate Communications directives
- Leverage metrics and analysis tools to measure results, traction and effectiveness of communications activities
- Responsible for formulation and execution of all country-wide internal communication plans and engagements
- Supporting company-wide and group-wide change communications
- Work closely with Human Capital team to cascade communications on strategic initiatives
- Executing internal communications activities across suite of channels and platforms where appropriate
- Update colleagues internally with all key external public engagements and campaigns
- Supports Country Manager and Chief Operating Officer with employee communications activities
- Ensure regular alignment with Holding Corporate Communications
Social Media and Digital Alignment
Working with social media and digital function on:
- An integrated 360-degree communication agenda to strategically build the organizations brand in the Country, create awareness and generate user advocacy
- Leveraging social media and digital platforms, to develop story telling content digital assets for mobile first end users
- Engaging new and existing audiences in ways that ultimately drives awareness, engagement, acquisition and retention of customers through branded content, story-telling and content syndication
- Leverage analytics to optimize content strategy for effectiveness and align with business and brand objectives
- Develop and amplify brands voice and visual presentation on social media platforms, maintain strong visual personality
- Manage communications agency’s (as required) activities and relationship and conduct periodic reviews.
- Manage media monitoring and listening service providers to draw necessary insights and analytics
- Provide activity and effectiveness metrics reports to line, functional and business leaders
- Regular alignment and close coordination with internal stakeholders: VP Marketing & Communications, Country Manager, Chief Operating Officer, VP Human Capital and Holding Corporate Communications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors in Communication, Public Relations of Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in communications (public relations, social media, thought leadership, internal communications, issue and crisis management)
- Relevant experience working with consumer / multinational companies
- Communications agency and media journalism experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
- Good communication skills to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and sound judgment with focus on impact and an ability to work effectively and succeed in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans aligned with business and brand needs and goals
- Ability to track results and provide measurable success
- Ability to take on new and creative ideas/concepts and carry them through to their conclusion.
- Excellent people skills when dealing with all levels of stakeholders, including managing and advising business leadership.
- Basic knowledge of multi-media including best practice, video, audio production, as well as print and design. Competence in MS Office systems.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with well-developed administrative, organizational and self-management skills
- Proficiency and ability to develop, critique and edit compelling communications content
- Understanding of media and stakeholder landscape
- Understanding of communications best practice
- Crisis and issues management
- Strong media relations network
- Understanding social and digital media communication principles
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online on or before 23rd August 2018.
NB: Flexi personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.