Job Vacancy: HUB SIP Engineer
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: The Hub SIP Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining Cellulant’s Hub that provides services to merchants and banks across 10 countries. The Hub SIP Engineer assists the Hub Manager who is responsible to senior management for the successful deployment Cellulant software releases onto production.
This team member role is critical to the safety of the production environment and helps prevent the introduction of bad or untested code into production on which the organization’s internal and external Customers depend on.
Hub SIP Engineer support the Hub Manager in the mission to continually lead, facilitate, and coordinate synchronized quality releases to maximize value delivered to Cellulant customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and deliver service improvement across different markets. This will involve re-engineering existing software products to achieve high efficiency by eliminate bottlenecks and placing application logic fixes.
- To actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Advance and ensure applications meet continuous integration and deployment prerequisites for setup.
Software & Service Deployment
- Ensure that all software released by the software team is deployed and that it operates correctly.
- Ensure that all the relevant monitoring tools are deployed and setup for all services on Hub.
- Ensure that the documentation of all deployments is developed and up to date.
- Systems Utilization and Capacity Monitoring
- Applications SLA tracking.
- Analyse metrics of existing applications and enlist them on a service improvement track based on stipulated SLA.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system.
- Ensure that services incidences that impact the business are identified, reported on and managed at all times.
- Ensure that all services are implemented and that they operate correctly.
- Prepare System Uptime Reports for the service management meetings.
- Responsible for service improvement deliverables.
- Respond to escalation from support team.
- Post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery and high performance has been achieved.
Systems troubleshooting & problem resolution
- Application fault diagnosis
- Problem resolution
- Liaise with service providers for problem resolution
- Provide feedback on test cases and test coverage to the quality assurance team.
- Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies.
- Communicate best-practice on application development for delivery of better value.
- Maintain Applications Inventory
- Systems Architecture Diagrams
- Maintain & Review Old documentations
- Application configuration Documentation
Guidance and Mentoring
- Participate in peer reviews
- Arrange and execute training for other teams
Qualifications, Skill and Experience:
- Preferred: BSc. Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT;
- Extensive experience with Java/PHP programming language;
- Extensive experience with databases – database management, data structures, relational data models, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL;
- Extensive experience of application monitoring tools- Grafana, Influx, Telegraf
- Experience in creating bash scripts and text processing languages – Sed, AWK
- Experience with application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications;
- Experience in software life-cycle development (SDLC);
- Experience with management of Apache webserver.
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server and SOA;
- Preferred experience with Linux , Solaris or UNIX OS’s;
- Candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in application development.
- Candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate should have experience in high pressure environments/projects
- Candidate should have good presentation skills
- Candidate should have excellent report writing skills
- Candidate should be a an excellent team player
How to Apply
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Hub SIP Engineer to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.