Our client, a modern family hotel is seeking to recruit a Chef.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect raw and cooked food products or supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards, and, arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food as well as demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipments to staff.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulation- Health certificates for kitchen staff.
- Aid in the recruitment of staff, i.e., cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Plan, direct and analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items including coming up with new menus, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties and banquets.
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms and books.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Higher in Food Production-Learning on the job is also acceptable
- Worked at the same post for 4 years and more.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Good in time management and presentation
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online on or before 23rd August 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement