Job Vacancy: Chief Accountant
Responsibilities: Management of Accounts of holding company and all associated companies in East Africa.
Responsible to: Director
- Human Resource Manager
- Internal Audit Department
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Operations Director
Supervision of Number of Others:
- Accounts Clerk (2)
- Computer Data Operator (1)
Tasks in Responsibility Mentioned Above
For all associated companies and operations:
- Ensure production of Financial Statements for Management and establish other Management Information Systems.
- Budgets and consolidated budgets
- Cash Flow forecast statements and projections monthly.
- Monthly trial balances of operations.
- Profit & Loss / Balances Sheets – Monthly
- Preparation of company accounts for Auditors.
- Supervision of Daily Banking and ensure maintenance of Bank balances.
- Supervision and control of petty cash payments of all companies and operations.
- Conduct of efficient book-keeping procedures up to Balance Sheet for Audit.
- Preparation of computerised monthly/yearly statistics for Government authorities i.e PAYE, NHIF, NSSF. Ensure timely payment of same.
- Maintain Daily Cash Statements.
- Reconcile all sales revenues against bank statements daily, monthly and annually
- Maintain all accounts books i.e petty ash, cash sales, purchases, journal. At an efficient and accurate level at all times.
- Keep Management aware of all financial transactions at all times.
- Ensure that cheques issued on daily, weekly, monthly basis are correct and in compliance with approved statements.
- Ensure Bankers Orders are paid in order and updated all times.
- Ensure correct filing procedure is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable are regularised and documented as required.
- Ensure all taxes, VAT and other Government outgoings are paid on time and answer all queries on same.
- Ensure bi-monthly and monthly payroll preparations and anciliary monthly and yearly statements are updated.
- Detect weakness in internal control systems and recommend change to management.
- Identify and anticipate financial problems by prior planning and recommend appropriate corrective measures.
- Develop and recommend a Financial Strategy formulations, planning, continuation and control of future or on-going projects, including feasibilities on expansion and diversification programmes and financing of same.
- Develop low costs solutions to accounting problems with “hands-on experience”.
- Ensure cost and other operating expenses are kept to allowable levels and constantly strive to reduce costs without affecting quality.
- Have a clear understanding of Landlord and Tenant Act. Ensure rents are always paid on time – discussion with landlords on rent negotiations and or liase with lawyers. Making sure that company policy on tenancies are followed.
- ensure all options on leases are diarised on time and lease terms are adhered to.
- ensure Site Value Tax and Land Rents are paid in time for all properties owned by the Company and associates.
- Develop plans for ensuring timely replacement of equipment/ vehicles (i.e. sinking fund etc).
- Ensure Company Secretarial matters are in order.
- Ensure compliance with budget allocations for companies and departments.
- Ensure all rents and other payments from Veekaye Investments are received on time and ensure that lease terms are adhered to. Ensure all SVT and LR are received and paid on time. Negotiate with tenants and lawyers as necessary. Prepare cash flow statements monthly.
- Ensure that appropriate Management Information System are in place and recommend changes if necessary for all companies and operations.
- Make recommendations on pricing policy of all operations based on costs and / or market factors.
- Advise on tax matters.
- Any other task required by the managing Director and the operations Director.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a detailed CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Chief Accountant”
The application deadline is 5th August, 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.