Established in 1967, Nairobi-based Colourprint Limited (CPL) is a printing business offering a variety of offset printing services and products. Having recently restructured our business to strengthen our governance structure so as to pursue operational excellence, they are looking to hire a Human Resource and Administration Manager to join their team.
Job purpose: Responsible for the overall management and coordination of human resource and administration functions. This role manages the human assets in the organization, ensuring continuous availability of the necessary skills and that the organization gets value from its human assets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Develop and ensure good understanding of the HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment through internal communications and or staff meetings where necessary
- Manage the disciplinary and grievance processes in accordance with approved policy and in compliance with the legal requirements
- Maintain harmonious industrial relations with the Staff Union; lead the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations and manage implementation of the same
- Work with Functional Heads to understand the business strategy and workforce requirements and staff development plans accordingly
- Manage recruitment process and oversee the placement and induction of new staff
- Implement and/or support the Company’s staff related change management initiatives and acting as the internal human resources consultant on various matters as may be required from time to time by Functional Heads
- Manage the Company’s remuneration including payroll administration, Staff Medical Insurance scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, Group Accident Policy and WIBA;
- Promote staff welfare and wellness
- Lead the implementation of the Company’s performance management system based on agreed objectives and agreed key performance indicators
- Provide oversight over the Learning and Development Function and ensuring that the Company’s training and development plans are prepared in time and appropriate training initiatives are deployed in line with the training calendar
- Oversee staff leave utilization and making appropriate recommendations
- Develop departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets
- Resolve audit and risk related issues identified during HR audits, implementing them and making recommendations
- Oversee administrative services such as office services, registry and outsourced services.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in a business related field/social sciences; Higher diploma in Human Resource Management and membership to IHRM;
- At least 6 years human resource management experience gained from reputable organizations
- Diverse experience in human resource and administration management; exposure to the Kenyan Labour Laws
- Good leadership and people-management skills;
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
How to Apply:
APPLY NOW HERE via our recruitment portal.
This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.
Visit our website for more vacancies.