Established in 1967, Nairobi-based Colourprint Limited (CPL) is a printing business offering a variety of offset printing services and products.
Having recently restructured our business to strengthen our governance structure so as to pursue operational excellence, they are looking to hire a Production Manager to join their team.
Job purpose: Manage and direct production activities and monitor adherence to planned schedules, quality standards and cost objectives. The position leads and directs the day to day operations of the production facility.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in planning and establishing short to long term production objectives and plans for the facility/unit
- Direct, coordinates and supervises the planning, scheduling and expediting of raw materials for the timely production taking into consideration quality management system / guidelines.
- Manage the production scheduling process to meet the customer’s expectation and demand
- Optimizes use of production facility resources to complete tasks assigned providing leadership and direction to the production team
- Oversees areas of production team, such as safety, planning, cost, efficiency, quality, and customer service
- Maintain compliance with Company policies, safety standards, quality specifications, regulatory requirements, and sanitation practices
- Monitor production facility operational costs and report to the COO accordingly
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assign repair tasks as needed
- Develop production SOP’s and ensure compliance to achieve high performance
- Develop/Implement action plans to understand and address areas of concern
- Work with other departmental heads and line supervisors to foster a production culture focused on continuous improvement
- Initiate and manage production unit projects e.g. new installations, repairs etc
- Manage staff capacity and skill levels to meet current and planned production needs
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, production management or a related field
- At least seven (7) years of experience in print production, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory position
- Sound knowledge of print production facilities requirements, processes, operations and
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Results driven with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Safety conscious and able to apply methodologies to improve processes
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
How to Apply:
APPLY NOW HERE via our recruitment portal.
This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.
Visit our website for more vacancies.