Concierge Position – Luxury Tour & Travel Company
The main role for this position is to offer a full range of personal and personalized hospitality services to guests, and for facilitating the smooth execution of day-to-day tour and safari operations.
- Review Safari checklists thoroughly as soon as received from the overseas offices.
- Prepare gifts for guests at least 2 weeks before arrival, taking into consideration any special requests or gift designation from the checklists.
- Prepare rooming lists, luggage list and air manifest per Company formats.
- Inspect guests’ rooms prior to arrival using the Company’s Hotel Checklist to ensure assigned rooms are spotlessly clean, made up with fresh linens and towels.
- Confirm well in advance that the best accommodation is made available for the guests taking into account room location, required bed configurations, and any specific guest needs.
- Meet and welcome guests upon arrival
- Offer assistance and demonstrate concern for guests’ wellbeing at all times. Ensure that guest’s preferences are met and amenities provided are par excellence.
- Act on all inquiries promptly, discreetly and in professional manner of the highest caliber.
- Coordinate guest transfers and advise the Safari Director/Driver Guide of any changes.
- Liaise with the office colleagues in all departments to ensure smooth field operations, impeccable guest services, and accurate and timely billing.
- Keep professional image of the Company in the forefront at all times when interacting with guests, hotels partners and vendors
- Maintain high profile and excellent reputation of the Company by following the professional code of conduct expected by the Company.
- Degree or Diploma in Tourism Management/Hotel management or its equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy Hospitality Industry and preferably a Tour Company.
- Ability to multi-task and have excellent attention to detail.
- Expansive Knowledge of high end properties within East Africa region.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Computer experience and the ability to use micro soft word and spreadsheet
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Strong Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- leadership skills and good management practices
- Aged 30 years and above
How to Apply
Send your application clearly stating the position applying for in subject to email@example.com by 28 July 2018.
Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.