Our Client, a leading provider of integrated Business and Technology solutions to Clients seeks to recruit a Construction Manager – Healthcare Projects.
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose of the Role: Plan, direct, coordinate, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, and or external consultants activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of hospital and Healthcare Projects structures, facilities, and systems.
Participate in the conceptual development of a Healthcare construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
Job Functions: Construction, Engineering
Industries: Information Technology
- Work closely with the Pre-sales teams during the bidding phase for construction related projects to ensure technical quality assurance, completeness and financial checks are done on proposals prior to submission.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent technical experience
- Accreditation by the National Construction Authority (NCA) of Kenya
- Must be a registered supervisor by NCA
- Clear understanding of the Building and Construction e-Regulations of Kenya
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience in civil and/or structural engineering disciplines , having overseen at least 3 major building and construction related projects to successful completion and approval by NCA.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality control, cost control, cost reporting and project schedule management
- Demonstrate track record of multimillion-project coordination with projects in varying phases of completion
- Knowledge of commissioning oncology bunkers is an added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Construction Manager-Healthcare Projects on the Subject line