Nasanyanait irrigation Project has received funding from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) towards its irrigation enterprise expansion. USADF is an independent Agency of the US government that operates at local levels in Africa in support of economic development.
For the successful implementation of the grant, Achukule Irrigation project is seeking to hire an Enterprise Manager who will work with the Achukule Board to implement the grant in achieving set objectives.
Location: Napetet, Lodwar, Turkana County
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
Report to: Nasanyanait Board of Management;
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Manager will:
Oversee ACHUKULE Operations
- Oversee all Nasanyanait farming enterprise activities, delegate as needed, and follow up to ensure activities are completed;
- Designing project sustainability proposals for discussion with Nasanyanait board, and thereafter sharing with other potential funding hence spearheading the pursuit of requisite resources.
- Play the role of contact person for the donor, partner, all staff, stakeholders and the beneficiary community ensuring timely dissemination of necessary information from the donor and partner to the board and members;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners for smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in the grant agreement;
- Continually read to understand the NASANYANAIT/USADF Project grant agreement and ensure that NASANYANAIT activities, procedures and conduct are in line with the terms and conditions of the grant;
- Continually liaise with the USADF partner on necessary adjustments or changes NASANYANAIT might seek to introduce during the grant implementation period that were not mentioned in the original grant paperwork, and, letting USADF know ahead of changing including but not limited to budget shifts;
Required Project Activities
- Routine field monitoring on crop performance and guiding the farmers on the best farming practices from land preparation to harvesting and marketing;
- Insect, weed & disease monitoring / diagnostics;
- Soil moisture status monitoring and Irrigation and land preparing and planting scheduling;
- Chemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations
- Equipment calibration;
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations;
- Crop budgeting & planning
- Provide personal consultation with Achukule farmers as needed
- Educational presentations to farmers as needed
- Ensure implementation and achievement of at the minimum 95% projections Appendix A Indicator Projections.
- Responsible for Disbursement Requests and Quarterly Reports on regular basis to the donor and any other report that may be requested based on need;
- Ensure that project activities comply with the policies and regulations of NASANYANAIT and USADF;
- Be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables and action points, planning, budgeting and monitoring processes;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination and cooperation with the USADF partner for smooth implementation of activities and achievement of result as specified in the grant agreement;
- Ensure timely deduction and remittance of Statutory deductions that include National Social Security Fund-NSSF, National Hospital Insurance Fund-NHIF, Pay As You Earn-PAYE, Applicable Higher Education Loans Board-HELB, Withholding Taxes-WHT;
- Working with the Procurement Committee, Apprentices, USADF Lodwar Office and CEZAM (USADF Partner) and Applicable Suppliers, process Value Added Tax (VAT) exemption for goods to be procured under the USADF grant;
Monitoring and Data Management
- Monitor project activities and tracking, ensuring accurate documentation related direct and indirect expenses and share progress with stakeholders;
- Track and ensure accurate documentation of farm revenues/fees collected from crops transacted.
- Ensure that the daily revenues collected from Farmers and the number of crops sold are accurately recorded in the NASANYANAIT records, and accurately reflected in the already existing performance indicators template as quarterly totals;
- Ensure that farming revenues/fees and related expenditures are accurately recorded in the monthly and quarterly Simplified Financial Statement on the provided template;
- Conducting any other business as may be in the interests of NASANYANAIT and USADF
Qualifications for the NASANYNANAIT Enterprise Manager
- Diploma in general agriculture, agronomy or agribusiness management or its equivalent from a recognized institution with 3 years of on Job related experience or;
- Degree in general agriculture, agronomy or agribusiness management or their equivalent from a recognized institution with 1 year of Job related experience;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must have accounting skills;
- Must have conducted trainings or mentored low capacity/grassroots groups successfully;
- Be proactive and able to work with less or no supervision and be able to meet the stipulated deadlines;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English/Kiswahili;
Applications should reach the emails below on or before July 17th 2018 at 5:00pm. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at NASANYANAIT offices in NAPETET, LODWAR.
Emailed applications should be sent to: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org