Job Vacancy: Executive Logistics Co-ordinator to Executive Director
3 Months Fixed Contract
The Executive Co-ordinator’s role provides administration support to the Executive Director by preparing all travel related administration, to include booking travel, accommodation, organising visas, ground transport and a detailed itinerary.
The EC also prepares all the ED’s expense claims and credit card reconciliations.
- Making itineraries of the ED’S agenda when travelling, involving arranging all travel logistics, flights, accommodation, visas and associated items for the Executive director. This is a prime responsibility of the role since the Executive Director travels extensively. It requires meticulous attention to detail, timely delivery, advanced administrative systems and a robust pending system to manage the constant work load.
- Access to the ED’s diary in order to ensure logistical plans are set up well in advance.
- Adding items to the ED’s diary when required by the Executive Assistant.
- Providing personal support to the Executive Director on a regular basis
- Ensuring the ED has access to all relevant documents for management and board meetings
- Processing the Executive Director’s expenses. Creating invoices for external organisations and processing payment authorisations and confederations expenses submitted for the Executive Director’s sign-off
- When required by the Executive Assistant, undertaking a range of tasks including; formatting letters for ED and responding to e-mails and enquiries
- Covering the duties of the Executive Assistant when she is away, this involves, maintenance of the Executive Director’s diary, responding to internal and external requests, proactively scheduling appointments
- Taking appropriate measures to ensure travel and logistics are kept to a cost and appropriateness which is consistent with organisation’s external image
- Keeping apprised of and navigating sensitive, high-level, geo-political and confederation- wide situations with tact and diplomacy
- Drafting the contribution to the Secretariat newsletter
- Keeping secure and confidential files on behalf of the ED including personal information and high-level correspondence
- When required, filming and editing video interviews given by ED to camera.
Key Competencies / Requirements
- Must have at least 5 years experience managing and supporting travel logistics for strategic and senior executives ideally minimum regional or global directors with extensive global travel
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of communication or similar field from a recognized institution.
- Experience working transnationally, across boundaries, or for a large national company with international operations.
- Experience in high pressure role – ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to manage a combination of time pressure, and a depth of preparation and complexity around scheduling (particularly regarding travel).
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of communicating with senior officials – diplomacy, credibility, ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to take the initiative and organize work pro-actively.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience in coordinating small projects.
- French and Spanish desirable.
Salary: Ksh 200,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th July 2018