Our Client, a market leader in the provision of integrated Financial services seeks to recruit a Chief Technology Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
He/she should have strong business acumen, and will lead the company’s technology vision and strategy for growth. A strong understanding of current and emerging technology trends, strategic thinking and excellent communication skills are essential.
Job Functions: Engineering, Information Technology, Software Development
Industries: Financial Services
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Collaborating with department heads, finance, business development, and operations as advisor of all technologies involved with company
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Monitoring web analytics and making recommendations that align to business goals
- Supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Establishing software development process and set objectives for process
- Mentoring team members
- Identifying company web user needs
- Monitoring performance profiling tools and procedures
- Maintaining network security with IT team
- Reviewing timeframes and budgets
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Supervising workflow of IT department
- Defining company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Staying abreast of current and new industry trends, technologies and software development
- Staying abreast of processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Representing company at conferences and networking events
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- At least ten years’ experience in software development role, information technology role, or related field; five years in senior management or leadership role
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving.
- Work experience with a multinational that deals in Technology development.
- Preferably 10-15 years’ work experience
- Prior expertise in leading a team of developers/engineers at a management level and is now looking for the next move upwards. Proven track record of managing teams is a must
- Proven track record of managing and executing on projects. This is also a must and evidence of the same is required
- Strong references
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Visionary and strategic thinker.
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Proven experience as a Head of Engineering/CTO or similar leadership role
- In-depth understanding of the industry
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Confident in producing and presenting work
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Chief Technology Officer on the Subject line