Our client a leading Fund Management Company is seeking to recruit experienced, dynamic, innovative and high caliber individuals to fill the position of Business Development Officer (BDO) to be based in Kisumu and Eldoret.
The main role of the position of Business Development Officer is to to provide intensive contact with intermediaries, agents and direct client with a view to tapping and servicing retail business (including SMEs).
Salary Range: Gross of 90,000 – 120,000 KShs
- Tapping and servicing retail business.
- Promptly providing and sending competitive quotations to prospects.
- Providing risk details for purpose of underwriting.
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Setting up meetings, preparing and delivering presentations to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Providing management with market feedback and intelligence.
- Sending out renewal instructions two months in advance.
- Maintaining a regular and accurate updated database of all prospective and closed business and submitting a monthly report to managers.
- Ensuring strict adherence to practices, procedures and policy stipulated in the business development operational manual including the Code of Ethics.
- Maintaining and updating all forms of business contacts.
- Gathering customer service feedback and reporting on intellectual and operational issues raised by clients.
- Preparing regular management reports.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or social science related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in marketing of general solutions to organized groups or individuals.
- Good business sense.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.
N/B: Should be working in an insurance company.
How to Apply
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’ plus the preferred location either in KISUMU OR ELDORET on the subject line by 3rd August 2018.