Job Title: General Accounting Specialist
Reference: GAS 2018
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Our client, one of the world’s largest brand producers of baby grooming items as well as cleaning papers is seeking to bring on board a General Accounting Specialist.
The role holder will be responsible for handling general accounting functions within the organization.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Commerce/Management with a Finance Major or similar education;
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in an accounting role;
- CPA qualification will be an added advantage.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Daily Bookkeeping i.e. (invoices for suppliers, selling documents, expense reports, etc.);
- Cash and bank operations;
- Preparation and submission of the necessary documentation to the bank currency control department;
- Financial accounting for overheads;
- Monitor and perform accounts payable accounting;
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets, book and tax;
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger;
- Accounting of inventory and transport costs;
- Checking the source documents for compliance with accounting and taxation;
- Participation in monthly closing procedure in accordance with the Company Policy;
- Participation in internal and external audits;
- Provide required support during annual audit;
- Maintain strong working relationship with all internal business functions;
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned if they are not in contradiction with this Role Profile.
- SAP knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the accounting system;
- Effective interpersonal and team working skills;
- Relevant experience;
- Competence in MS Excel.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 3rd August 2018.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer