WE Free the Children a charity organization is looking to hire a Head Cook to be based in the Mara.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Diploma in Food and Beverage production from a reputable institution;
- 4 years’ experience in a busy kitchen, minimum one year as a the Head Cook;
- Good Knowledge of HACCP and HACCP;
- Demonstrated ability to train and coach junior kitchen staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee general kitchen’s daily operations;
- Creating new dishes and menus;
- Training kitchen staff on all kitchen standards and operations;
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels;
- Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed;
- Estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget
- Implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen;
- Taking care of the kitchen’s accounts and creating a work roster;
- Keep all kitchen staff motivated and inspired.
Key Areas to Success:
- Real creativity when it comes to food;
- A deep understanding of ingredients and produce;
- The capacity to work under extreme pressure;
- Excellent leadership and management;
- Ability to delegate tasks.
WE sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. While CV’s are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider applications on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th July 2018.
Please send in your CV along with a cover letter and please indicate your current salary in the CV
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org