WE Free the Children a charity organization is looking to hire a Head of Department Tutor to be based in the Mara.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing / Higher diploma in Nursing/ Higher Diploma in Medical Education;
- Must be registered with Nursing Council of Kenya;
- At least 5 years teaching experience;
- At least 3 years management work experience;
- Experience in developing a teaching curriculum an added advantage;
- Above 35 years;
- Willingness to move to the Mara.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall assist the principal in overall training of nurses in the school in accordance with the syllabus of the Nursing Council and approved policies;
- Assessment of the progress of the students during their training, in consultation with the tutors and ward sisters;
- Ensuring a close collaboration with the Matron especially in designing and implementing learning experiences and student appraisal in the clinical area;
- Ensuring (together with the Tutors) that discipline is upheld among the Students but in the case of referral or discontinuation of a student, the Principal is responsible. If the indiscipline is in the clinical area, include the Nurse in charge of the Hospital;
- Coordination of students’ activities, internal experience, and external experiences;
- Ensuring that students get enough experience and exposure in all areas of their training;
- Ensuring (together with the welfare committee) the welfare of the students in the widest sense of the word: food, boarding, spiritual, recreation, and general welfare;
- Ensuring the Continuing Education and that of the Tutors under.
Key Areas to Success:
- Attention to detail;
- Professionalism and sensitivity;
- High ethical levels;
- A good team player with excellent communication skills;
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
WE sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. While CV’s are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider applications on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th July 2018.
Please send in your CV along with a cover letter and please indicate your current salary in the CV
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org