The Catholic Diocese of Murang’a is looking to fill the position of the Head of Programs.
Job Purpose: To provide overall leadership and management, administrative and coordination functions of the Caritas department. Main sectors of responsibility include co-ordination, program design and development, funding acquisition, program monitoring and evaluation, information management, personnel management, and compliance.
- Takes a leading role in all aspects of project development, including needs assessments, concept paper design, and proposal preparation.
- Instigate and follow up development policies in Diocese including criteria for supporting projects and processes.
- Respond to emergency situations e.g. draught and natural calamities that occur within the Diocese.
- Supervise the work of the Project officers in conducting assessments, developing project concept papers, monitoring projects, tracking project indicators, and liaising with other stakeholders.
- With the assistance of HR, Recruit and train well-qualified department staff.
- Work alongside finance department during the project design process to develop appropriate projects budgets.
- Stay abreast of funding trends and opportunities and prepare briefs to be shared on a regular basis with the local ordinary, the management board, senior management team and key counterparts, and within the development partners
- Liaise with donor representatives in process of proposal development, negotiation and revision.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Diocesan support offices including Diocesan secretariat, Parishes and institutions to maintain and build on participation, engagement and funding levels.
- Oversee the development of a monitoring system that will effectively track implementation to original design documents/proposals and ensure compliance with Caritas Murang’a and donor standards.
- Ensure that Monitoring &Evaluation plans are developed for each new project with the project staff.
- Work with the project officers to prepare quality and timely narrative reports in compliance with donor requirement and Diocesan set standards.
- Maintain good communication with other key Diocesan organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), national and international and UN agencies.
- Keep well informed of the current political and socio-economic context in order to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the needs and situation at the regional and local levels.
- Respond to general queries and provide relevant information regarding caritas department.
- Ensure that program and projects comply with necessary legal, social, policies, financial and other statutory requirements in all aspects of both the Diocese and partners.
- Establish and oversee process of periodical review of implementation plans and other initial design documents to ensure contractual obligations and spirit of programs are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business management/project management or any related course
- Over 5 years’ experience in project management
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Highly organized, analytical, ability to motivate and work with others
How to Apply