HJF Medical Research International Inc
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs.
HJFMRI in collaboration with The Walter Reed Project, HIV Program-Kericho carries out HIV / AIDS vaccine and therapeutic research, and supports HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in South Rift Valley.
HJFMRI / Walter Reed Project – Kericho is seeking to fill the following position:
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will Prepare and submit returns; process payments and update financial accounting records in compliance with HJFMRI Policies and regulatory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain cash office and staff advances disbursements according to HJFMRI policies
2. Initiate transactions on mobile cash transfer platforms
3. Ensure monthly reconciliation and liquidation of balance sheet accounts
4. In charge of accounts receivables.
5. Compile supports for liquidation of prepayments.
6. Ensure that all payment packages are fully supported and that the International accounting data standards are followed when entering the data in the accounting
7. Ensure all payment vouchers are duly stamped as per process requirement.
8. Compile monthly expense package.
9. Maintain physical and electronic filing for accounting documents
10. Perform any other relevant duties as maybe assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Diploma in Accountancy, Business Administration/Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. Minimum of CPA part II qualification.
3. Knowledge of acceptable accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook.
5. At least 2 years’ experience in accounting position
6. Experience working with quick books is an added advantage.
7. Good communication skills; attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
8. Excellent in reporting skills; and ability to comprehend and analyze data.
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract. The first three months will be probation period.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit application letters, current CVs and contacts of references not later than August 02, 2018 to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer