Our client is a busy hotel operating in Nairobi and seeks to recruit a Procurement Officer.
The role of a procurement is a support function working seamlessly with all other departments while fulfilling the company procurement objectives.
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary Range: KES 35,000/ – 45,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the procurement and procurement procedures for the company
- Receiving and reviewing all procurement demands from the hotel and company departments.
- Enforcing procurement procedures within the company
- Vetting of vendors in order to get the best price and quality value for the company
- Ensuring accurate and timely fulfilment of all the procurement requests to include the proper documentation of materials and cost expenditures
- Maintaining a close continuing relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors
- Lodge all purchase orders and requisitions and ensure that proper procurement authorizations is done
- Maintain required administrative files and records pertaining procurement
Key Requirements and Skills
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or Supply Chain Management
- Excellent computer skills with good working knowledge of Excel
- 2-3 years’ experience in a busy procurement department
- Those with experience in hotel procurement will have an added advantage
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria listed above, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so us to reach us on or before 15th July 2018.
The position might close earlier once we get suitable candidate.