Function: Human Resources
Vacant Position: Human Resource Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Job Purpose: This a HR Generalist role that covers end-to-end HR value chain operations. The role assists in the administration & coordination of the day-to-day operations of the HR Department and offering effective operational support in all HR roles and functions and delivery of ongoing & future HR projects.
- Assist in the effective implementation of the HR policies in the daily functions of the HR Department
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual Learning, Training and Development calendar and initiatives associated there-in.
- Assisting in the implementation of knowledge management initiatives through best practice sharing and internal/external benchmarking.
- Assisting in the roll-out of competency frameworks across employee segments while creating a learning organization through a robust and uniform framework, process, systems and metrics for complete Learning and Development.
- Periodic HR Analytics and Reporting. Maintaining high quality HR key performance indicators, people metric data sets, and reports and analytics on areas of leadership interest in order to support HR decision making.
- Assist in the Recruitment and Selection processes including but not limited to pre, during and post recruitment processes while ensuring effective coordination of On-boarding and induction of new staff.
- Providing HR advice and support to other staff on a wide range of operational human Resources issues and advising staff on issues of employment legislation.
- Assist in the coordination of the Performance Management process with other Departments ensuring timely assistance and submissions of SMARTs, KPIs & Appraisals while maintaining up to date performance assessments reports and development plans for the staff.
- Coordinating the process of staff appointments, which includes issuance, renewal and termination of contracts in liaison with the Head of HR & other HODs.
- Assisting in the roll-out of HR related internal communication & other HR correspondences.
- Coordinate the daily functioning of the HR Systems i.e. Time and attendance, HR Premier and any other related systems from time to time.
- In-charge of planning, organizing and ensuring timely roll-out of the organizations’ Internship program & other career outreach initiatives in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the disciplinary processes while ensuring that employee discipline is encouraged and overall ethical conduct observed.
- Acting as first line of contact in HR for any employee relations issues arising in the business while supporting, guiding staff to ease the management of employee grievances, conflicts and discipline.
- Coordination of Staff welfare and CSR activities from time to time while Initiating employee welfare programs that enhances employees’ value proposition.
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system.
Key Specification for this position
- Degree in HR Management;
- General work experience (years): 5 Years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 Years
- Industry: Manufacturing
Key competencies and skills:
- Core HR competencies
- Excellent Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & negotiation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
Computer literacy: MS Office packages
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews