Our client is an insurance company licensed to conduct all classes of general insurance.
Vacancy: Legal Officer
Job Ref: BL27718
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Senior Legal Officer, the legal officer shall be responsible for handling matters with external lawyers, out of court settlements and/or recoveries.
Roles and responsibilities
- Negotiate out of court settlements.
- Assist in legal research and preparing legal opinions
- Respond to any correspondence and/or enquiries regarding claims legal issues.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Ensure all legal claims are registered and properly documented.
- Maintain adequate and accurate reserves for legal claims review and update the reserves as appropriate.
- Maintain proper court diary of legal claims and follow up matters.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal and risk management advice to management especially on ongoing cases.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelors of Law Degree from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Current practicing certificate
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Good legal writing skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Relevant professional qualifications such as Diploma in Insurance or Certified Public Secretary (CPS) will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews