Job Vacancy: Inventory Specialist
Who we are: Soko’s mission is to transform ethical fashion from a niche player in the global fashion industry to a meaningful and competitive sourcing and purchasing option for global brands and individual consumers alike.
Soko’s unique model is doing just this by pioneering what we like to call Ethical Fast Fashion – providing close to the real-time trend responsive product that is both prices sensitive and socially and ethically handcrafted by marginalized creatives living and working in the developing world.
Our modern, fashion-forward products, handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials, have become a favorite of more than 300 international retailers ranging from Nordstrom, The Reformation, Amazon, QVC and Anthropologie, and endorsed for social impact by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our supply chain innovations have enabled us to match marginalized developing world artisan production with real-time global demand for Soko’s designs
The Position: Reports to the Supply Chain Manager. Develop the company inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital.
You will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities, executing inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stockholding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting/inventory accuracy checks Undertake variance analysis after each stock take, file appropriate management reports and recommend corrective actions.
- Minimize overstocks and removal of obsolete/redundant stock and materials to maximize availability of working capital
- Ensure that goods inward/stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support distribution and the goals of the business.
- Ensure incoming stock is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.- Ensuring no late delivery situation provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Champion and implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimize costs and maximize working capital
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventor control processes and functions.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Perform and supervise cyclic stock checks
- Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the order correctly.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supplies
- 4 years’ experience in inventory management
- Have a detailed understanding and working experience of business ERP especially inventory control/management systems
- Demonstrated Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of lean warehouse management processes, kaizen continuous improvement systems an added advantage
- Must have advanced working experience with Excel and Access and ability to carry out complex data analysis to generate management reports and simple actionable reports
- Member of KISM
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is an added advantage
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31st July 2018.
Please include a cover letter in the body of the email and also include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Please note applications will be screened as they come in.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.