Jaffery Academy, Mombasa is a welcoming friendly school with a vibrant learning space incorporating the latest technology to engage and inspire students.
The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the UK Curriculum (IGCSE, AS & A Levels).
The Academy is seeking to recruit inspirational and innovative leaders who will be required to work in a fast paced environment.
- Nursery school –one position
- Junior school – one position
- Senior school – one position
Job Summary: The role requires an ambitious and talented leader with a passion for teaching and learning, who will maintain and develop ambitious standards in a rich curriculum, striving for excellence in every aspect of school life.
As the Head of School, you will be accountable for overseeing the growth and strategic development of the education programmes provided in the specific school as well as ensuring linkages with the other schools across the entire academy.
Leading a very capable and experienced team, and working in collaboration with the Senior Management Team you will be monitoring, assessing and implementing systems and processes to raise standards and increase the overall performance of the students.
You will develop and mentor the staff and recognise the professional development needs of the staff to maintain a high performance culture in the school.
Qualifications and key skills required
- Masters degree in Education, Educational Leadership / Administration or a related field with equivalent relevant professional experience
- Successful experience in leading a whole school or section
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission.
- Teaching experience of more than five years.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and accountability systems
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in teaching and learning practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to form effective relationships with all stakeholder groups
How to Apply
If you are qualified and motivated to work in a school with an international curriculum, we would like to hear from you.
Kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV and relevant documents to email@example.com not later than 3rd August 2018.
The subject of the email should be the position you are applying for.