Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world.
In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
AYSRH Service Delivery Officer (AYSRH SDO) – Kitui
Jhpiego ¡s the lead implementing partner for Afya Halisi, a USAID’s five-year project which aims to deliver quality, integrated services in the areas of family planning (FP)/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the focus counties of Kitui, Migori, Kakamega and Kisumu
Reporting to the Senior SDO, the AYSRH SDO will assist in the implementation of AYSRH activities in the respective county.
S/he will work closely with all the stakeholders on adolescent and youth related activities; collaborate with other USO funded mechanisms implementing AYSRH activities including DREAMS; be the key liaison between the project, MOH and other stakeholders on AYSRH related issues.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of county AYSRH activities in liaison with the SSDO and TA — RH / FP / MNH
- Support in the dissemination of Adolescent and youth National policy and facilitate its implementation
- Convene county/sub county AYSRH focused meetings in liaison with the S/CSHMT including technical working group meetings
- Represent the project in county/sub county AYSRH related meetings/activities
- Provide leadership in community mobilization activities to increase update of services by AYSRH
- Provide leadership in advocacy for availability of AYSRH friendly health services
- Mobilize adolescents and youth to identify service delivery gaps and work with the C/SHMT to address them.
- Contribute to documentation of successes, lesson learnt and challenges in implementation of AYSRH activities.
- Support/document successes, lesson learnt and challenges in implementation as well as report of project activities and results to the project and donor, including monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Assist in biometric registration of participants during AYSRH Jhpiego activities
- University degree or higher diploma in Community Development / Social Sciences
- Five (5) years of work experience in AYSRH programming
- Working experience with MOH systems and personnel and in USAID-funded projects is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills
- Proven computer skills in MS Office, data analysis packages
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 13th July 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.