The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individuals to fill the following key position.
Purpose of the Post: To evaluates all KCCB internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines.
The holder of this position is expected to effectively manage the Kenya Conference Of Catholic Bishops, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance function to all areas of its operations, in a manner that will accomplish the KCCB objectives.
Reporting line: Reporting to the Secretary General.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal accounting and operating controls, governance and risk management processes within KCCB
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information,
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets
- Assist in the implementation of recommendations from external audit and Keeps the Finance Commission Committee and General Secretary informed of the results of the audit and risk associated with Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishop activities and services.
- Evaluate any plans or actions taken to correct reported conditions for satisfactory disposition of audit findings
- Establish quarterly audit plan and audit programs.
- Follow-up on audit findings for the organization and Institutions for implementation of recommendations and make sure that adequate corrective action is taken and that it is effective.
- Takes responsibility for coordinating external audit processes to completion.
- Advises Senior Management on new developments that affect control and provides solution in a proactive manner
Perform other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, participate in the systems to determine whether
- Adequate controls are incorporated in the systems;
- Thorough system testing is performed at appropriate stages; c. System documentation is complete and accurate
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting/Finance or a business-related degree; An MBA degree would be of advantage.
- Must be a CPA K, ACCA final or equivalent.
- CIA, CISA qualification and membership to a professional body required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, honesty, dynamic strategic thinking and Collaborative approach to governance.
- At least three years’ experience in auditing in a busy organization.
- A person of attested integrity.
- Computer literacy in Pastel Software, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities above.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
- Good recommendation from own parish priest
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 15th August 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted