The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – Catholic Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference OF Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
Purpose of the Post: To The position exists to oversee KCCB property management. It will provide strategic property management direction and property development for KCCB, enhance their management as well creating and maintaining accurate financial records of all KCCB properties.
Reporting Line: Secretary General
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of properties;
- Accounting for investments of properties and record of investment acquisitions of real property;
- Assist in reviewing annual property reconciliation;
- Accounting for property taxes and filing of tax returns;
- Preparation for annual audit of property accounts and follow-up of management reports;
- Preparation of monthly statements to tenants and follow-up on collections updates;
- Produce monthly tenant rent billing, account statements, monthly management accounts and monthly properties status reports;
- Reconcile cash, prepaid rent, security deposits, and amortization/depreciation schedules,
- General management of properties, including general maintenance;
- Work closely with external property managers on budget preparation and expense tracking;
- Work closely with external property managers to complete financial reports in a period specified by the management agreement;
- Prepare budget for property management
- Bachelor’s Degree in land Economics. Masters Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage ,
- At least four years’ experience in property administration, coupled with at least three years accounting experience,
- C.P.A Finalist or equivalent,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization,
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in a diverse team environment,
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills.
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities above.
- Must have a very clear idea of the Catholic Social Teachings.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – Catholic Secretariat
P.O Box 13475 – 00800
Applications must reach us on or before 15th August 2018