Kenya Children’s Home (KCH) was established by the Balcraig Foundation in 2002 when the Scottish charity took over the running of the former Thomas Barnardo House in Nairobi. The orphanage is the flagship project of KCH and is home to up to 200 orphaned, destitute and abandoned babies and children at any one time.
Since its inception, KCH has grown significantly, extending its support far beyond the reach of the Nairobi orphanage, with the commencement and development of many other community projects throughout Kenya. These projects continue to enrich the lives of many hundreds of Kenyan children and adults every day
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all KCH fund raising projects and helping the organization to attain financial independence.
- Research, collection and analysis of data for continuous assessment of the projects.
- Provide 3 year plan and or projection for both existing and new proposed projects.
- Ensure the projects remain viable by operating profitably.
- Ensure growth by at least 15% per annum on the entire portfolio
- Identify opportunities for business expansion by exploring new projects and markets.
- Advise the management on the yearly projections by participating in preparing operating budgets.
- Ensure that deadlines are adhered to and risks are well managed.
- Respond and manage the economic changes likely to affect profitability of projects.
- Preparation of the department’s monthly financial reports.
- Develop accurate and consistent bids with the help of relevant departments
- Manage daily operations, production and sales planning.
- Participate in all the organization’s activities as may be called upon to.
- To contribute in identifying and undertaking initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To contribute to fully integrated and flexible operations in order to provide a good customer service.
- To work with and support other team members as required ensuring an effective and efficient service is developed and delivered.
Qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge required
- Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field.
- At least 5 years proven commercial and sales experience. Experience in Events sales is added advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence effectively across all levels within the organization.
- Client, quality and results oriented.
- Team leadership.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent report writing skills and proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications to:
The HR Manager,
P.O. Box 44261-00100,
Hard copies can be dropped at Thomas Barnardo House, besides Weston Hotel along Langata Road
Indicate expected salary in your application.
Deadline: 6th August, 2018