Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
Job Re-Advertisement: Program Officer – Advocates Benevolent Association
Reporting to the Advocates Benevolent Association (ABA) Board and the Secretary / CEO of the Law Society of Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position holder will among other duties be responsible for:
- Establish and manage an Advocates’ Assistance Program
- Conceptualizing, initiating and implementing timely and prudent welfare programs
- Conceptualize, design and implement strategies to respond to emerging welfare matters in line with the Society’s and the Associations mandate, objectives and strategic plan
- Undertaking advocacy and research for the Association
- Implementing the decisions of the Board of the Association
- Coordinate and implement the activities and affairs of the Board of the Association
- Keeping track of finances and investments in liaison with the Accounts Department, preparation of budgets, fundraising proposals and mobilizing funds
- Initiate and implement partnership initiatives with the partners on welfare of members
- Manage and update the welfare and benevolence database for all members
- Any other related tasks as may be assigned, from time to time, by the Secretary/CEO, LSK and the Board of the Association
Qualifications & Skills
- LLB Degree and a current practicing certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience post-admission to the Roll of Advocates
- Ability to identify programmatic activities and collaborate with others to achieve results
- Experience in handling welfare matters
- Dynamic, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in planning, administration and monitoring of programs
- High degree of professional ethics and personal integrity
- Experience in budgeting, finance, proposal writing and fundraising skills
- Excellent analytical writing, oral presentation, organizational, mediation and computer skills
- Experience in NGO sector will be an added advantage
If you meet the requirements for the above position, submit your application to email@example.com or a hardcopy of the same with copies of certificates, testimonials and CV outlining qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, name and full addresses of three (3) referees. Those who had applied earlier need not re-apply.
Only candidates who fulfil the above requirements will be contacted.
The applications should be addressed and submitted to the undersigned in a sealed envelope clearly marked ‘PROGRAM OFFICER — ADVOCATES BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION to reach us not later than Wednesday, 25th July 2018 at 5pm.
Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 72219-00200